Sunday, September 25, 2011

Jarritos Flavor City Winner!!

I was involved with this contest and here's the winner! Oscar Meza of San Diego....


First Place- Oscar Meza
Age: 28
Hometown: San Diego
Occupation: Student

“What inspired my piece started off as some sketches on a pad. Being that Jarritos was founded in Mexico, I wanted my illustration to reflect that authenticity. It almost felt obvious to incorporate a Luchador. I wasn’t sure who I was drawing at the time; but ironically, some of my friends said that the character kind of looked like me.” 
“Wining this competition has made my year. It is such an honor to have been chosen amongst the other great competitors. I feel very lucky and humble to have won. Winning the year supply of Jarritos has made my belly smile, and having my art published has fed my artistic ego. But to my surprise, the best part of winning thus far is making my friends and family proud!”

Here's a link to the rest of the winners.. congrats all..... http://jarritosflavorcity.com/

No comments: