Saturday, October 24, 2009

JANM show- Giant Robot... my painting.


Here's a clip I put together of my painting process. This piece took about a week. I am usually a fast painter but the last couple of years I have slowed down. I haven't been completely planning out my pieces, I prefer to work in a free form style. I usually work from a very, very rough sketch or idea and then dive in and see what happens. Sometimes there is no sketch at all and I just feel my way through the piece.

Much of my time is spent sitting in my pappazan chair looking and deciding what to paint (or paint over) next. It's a very reactive process, and sometimes things go well and other times I've had to start over completely. It's stressful when things aren't happening, but amazingly fun and mind opening when I hit something that feels right...


This piece will be at the Giant Robot JANM show.

Jeff

3 comments:

Aja said...

That's awesome, gotta say. My painting process is much the same. Spontaneity is key and nothing is set in stone :)

Fantastic painting!

steven said...

I think dulok meant veritechs?
haha dope video.
s

Jeff Soto said...

"I'm iller than Trek's concepts of Veritechs"... I think...